AGRA - Australian Greyhound Racing Association

Upcoming Events

*NEW* The complete July 2017 to June 2018 AGRA Group Race Calendar is available now - click here to view the PDF

The Australian Greyhound Racing Association has published this Calendar as a service to the Greyhound Industry. At the time of completion, the information was believed to be correct. The Calendar has been published in good faith, but the AGRA does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies it may contain. Persons considering nominating for events promoted in this Calendar are therefore advised to confirm dates and other relevant information with the host organisations.

AGRA Group Race Calendar

June 2017 to June 2018 Chronological Calendar

August 2017

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Cranbourne GRC Cranbourne Classic 520m 3R August 19, 26 $25,000 Best 64 greyhounds whelped on or after March 1, 2015 Maidens ineligible Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests."
BGRC Albion Park AGRA National Sprint Championship 520m 1 August 25 $75,000 Greyhounds to qualify from each State All nominated greyhounds acknowledge event criteria outlined AGRA Acceptance Form when nominating for the event (available from all AGRA Clubs, controlling authorities and the AGRA website). Heat composition in each State determined by individual State policy.
BGRC Albion Park AGRA National Distance Championship 710m 1 August 25 $75,000 Greyhounds to qualify from each State All nominated greyhounds acknowledge event criteria outlined AGRA Acceptance Form when nominating for the event (available from all AGRA Clubs, controlling authorities and the AGRA website). Heat composition in each State determined by individual State policy.
Townsville GRC Townsville Cup 498m 3 August 29 Septebmer 5 $25,000 Open. Maidens ineligible Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the Racing Queensland Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats where possible.

September 2017

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Bob Payne Spring Sprint 520m 2 September 2, 9 $40,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Chairman's Cup 720m 3 September 2, 9 $25,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group event of not less than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
Healesville GRC Healesville Cup 350m 3 September 3, 10 $25,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Maidens not eligible. Winner of the Straight Track Championship will gain automatic entry. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
GRSA Angle Park SA Oaks 515m 3 September 7, 14 $25,000 Best female greyhounds whelped on or after June 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Best female greyhounds whelped on or after June 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Heats will comprise best of nominations received as determined by the GRSA Grader, seeding applies. Guarding of trainers in heats where possible.
Canberra GRC Canberra Cup 530m Listed September 10 , 17 $15,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Minimum 4 heats Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to owners and trainers where possible.
GRSA Angle Park BGC SA Derby 515m 3 September 14, 21 $25,000 Best male greyhounds whelped on or after June 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Best male greyhounds whelped on or after June 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Heats will comprise best of nominations received as determined by the GRSA Grader, seeding applies. Guarding of trainers in heats where possible.
Casino GRC Charcoal Inn Casino Cup 484m 3 September 15, 22 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves, up to 8 heats, as determined by the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to owners and trainers where possible.
Dapto GRC Megastar 520m 1 September 21, 28 $75,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 32 greyhounds nominated as determined by GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to owners and trainers where possible.
MGRA The Meadows Top Cat Video Cup 725m 3 September 23, 30 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "

October 2017

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
GRSA Angle Park Adelaide Cup 515m 1 October 5, 13 $75,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Maidens Ineligible Number of heats determined by number of nominations received. Up to a maximum of 8 heats to be conducted. Automatic entry to the heats granted, if nominated, to: a. Winner of the SA Oaks on September 14. b. Winner of the SA Derby on September 21 Heat composition determined by Grader. Guarding of trainers in heats where possible.
BGRC Albion Park Gold Coast Cup 520m 3 October 5, 12 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.
GWA Mandurah Mandurah Cup 490m 3 October 6, 13 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Top 25% seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% by blind draw. Guarding applies to greyhounds owned and/or trained in similar interests where possible.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Sydney Cup 720m 3 October 7, 14 $25,000 Best 24 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 24 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group event of not less than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Lismore Lismore Workers Club Cup 520m 2 October 17, 24 $40,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition top 25% nominations will be seeded using GRNSW point score, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
Geelong GRC Geelong Gold Cup 460m 2 October 20, 27 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated. Maidens ineligible Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Vic Peters Classic 520m 1 October 21, 28 November 4 $75,000 Best 80 greyhounds whelped on or after July 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Best 80 greyhounds whelped on or after July 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply. Semi-finals determined by a formula which recognizes finishing positions and recorded times in Heats. Guarding does not apply in semi-finals. Semi-finals composition determined purely on Heat performance.
GWA Cannington All Stars Sprint 520m 2 October 21, 28 $40,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Based on Grade Best greyhounds nominated based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Top 25% seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% by blind draw. Guarding applies to greyhounds owned and/or trained in similar interests where possible.
MGRA The Meadows GRV Great Chase 525m 3R October 25 $47,000 Victorian bred and trained greyhounds with 1 – 5 wins. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated, which meet the conditions of entry as advertised on grv.org.au, as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.. Greyhounds must not have changed trainer within 90 days prior to close of nominations. Three tracks allocated to each local Council. Greyhounds eligible to compete at one of the three tracks based on where they are domiciled. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
MGRA The Meadows SKY Racing Topgun 525m 1 October 28 $150,000 By invitation only. Invitations extended to potential nominees approximately one month prior to the event. Fields determined approximately 12 days prior to event. A panel comprising GRV Grader, MGRA Manager and various media to determine field.
MGRA The Meadows Hume Cup (Sponsored by Hume Council) 600m 1 October 28 November 6 $75,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Maidens Ineligible Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
MGRA The Meadows SKY Racing Topgun Stayers 725m 2 October 28 $75,000 By invitation only. Invitations extended to potential nominees approximately one month prior to the event. Fields determined approximately 12 days prior to event. A panel comprising GRV Grader, MGRA Manager and various media to determine field.
Shepparton GRC Northern Districts Cup 450m Listed October 30 November 4 $25,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated which are eligible Best 64 Victorian bred greyhounds, no City Wins, less than $25,000 is stakes prizemoney and having had two starts at Shepparton at the time of nomination close. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
GRSA Gawler Gawler Gold Cup 531m 3 October 31 November 5 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best nominations as determined by the GRSA Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by nominations received. Heat composition determined by GRSA Graders. Guarding applies to Heats where possible.

November 2017

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Richmond GRC Globe Memorial Maiden 535m Listed November 3, 10, 17 $15,000 Best 80 maiden greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 80 maiden greyhounds as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Greyhounds must have competed in a race or in a GRNSW approved Performance Trial. If less than 80 nominations, RGRC and GRNSW will determine the number of heats to be conducted. Heats by blind draw. Guarding applies to owners and trainers where possible.
MGRA The Meadows RSN Silver Bullet 525m 3 November 6 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated. Best 8 nominations as determined by GRV Grader.
GWA Cannington Young Star Classic 520m 3 November 11, 18 $25,000 Greyhounds whelped on or after August 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds whelped on or after August 1, 2015 as determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Top 25% seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% by blind draw. Guarding applies to greyhounds owned and/or trained in similar interests where possible.
Shoalhaven GRC Ladbrokes Nowra Spring Puppy Classic 520m EVENT DELETED 0 Please note event has been cancelled Please note event has been cancelled Please note event has been cancelled
GRSA Angle Park Brian Johnstone 515m 3R November 15, 23, 30 $25,000 SA bred greyhounds whelped between July 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015 Special Futurity Conditions Special Futurity and payment conditions apply. Heat and Semi-Final composition determined by GRSA Grader, seeding applies. Guarding applies to heats and semi-finals where possible.
SGRC Sandown Park Melbourne Cup 515m 1 November 17, 24 $420,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Winners of certain Group events (Exemption events) are given first preference. The remaining places to greyhounds that have competed in the 2017 MELBOURNE CUP Preludes Special Conditions Apply. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
SGRC Sandown Park Bold Trease 715m 1 November 17, 24 $100,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by GRV Grader. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Ipswich GRC City of Ipswich Gold Cup 520m 3 November 18, 25 $31,500 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by Grader. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.
SGRC Sandown Park Sir John Dillon Memorial 595m 3 November 24 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated Best nominations plus reserves as determined by GRV Grading Policy. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
SGRC Sandown Park Cup Night Sprint 515m Listed November 24 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated. Best 8 greyhounds nominated as determined by GRV Grader.
BGRC Albion Park SKY Racing Brisbane Cup 520m 1 November 30 December 7 $75,000 Best greyhounds nominated Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.

December 2017

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Ballarat GRC Ballarat Cup 450m 2 December 2, 9 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated. Maidens Ineligible Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Summer Cup 720m 3 December 2, 9 $25,000 Best 24 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 24 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group event of not less than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
SGRC Sandown Park Laurels Classic 515m 2 December 3, 10, 14 $50,000 Best 64 Female greyhounds whelped on or after September 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 nominations plus reserves as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Christmas Gift 520m 3 December 9, 16 $25,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Were less than 32 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to determin number of heats conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
Hobart GRC Luxbet Hobart Thousand 461m 1 December 14, 21 $75,000 Best 64 Greyhounds nominated plus reserves An open series to be conducted in heats and final format. Best 64 Nominations plus reserves as determined by Office Racing Intergerity Tasmaina Grading Schedule Maidens are not eligible. Specific Field Composition please refer to Greyhound Policy Manual P103 www.tasracing.com.au
NGRC The Gardens Newcastle Cup 715m Listed December 15 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 8 greyhounds as determined by GRNSW Grading Policy.
Sale GRC Sale Cup 650m 1 December 17, 26 $75,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
MGRA The Meadows AJS Corporation Silver Chief Classic 525m 1 December 23, 30 January 6 $100,000 Male greyhounds whelped on or after September 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Up to 12 Heats will be graded from nominations received. 96 greyhounds plus reserves, based on best greyhounds in the opinion of the GRV grader. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 96 nominations are received, the top 24 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 12 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
NSW GBOTA Gosford Woy Woy Poultry Gosford Cup 515m 2 December 26 January 2 $40,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers applies to heats where possible.

January 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
SGRC Sandown Park Shootout 515m 3 January 1 $25,000 Best 4 greyhounds nominated to the format, winner takes all. Best four greyhounds as suited to the format as determined by a panel comprising Sandown GRC representatives and the GRV Grader.
Warragul GRC Warragul Cup 460m 2 January 5, 13 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
GWA Mandurah Mandurah Mail Birthday Cup 405m 3 January 5, 12 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Top 25% seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% by blind draw. Guarding applies to greyhounds owned and/or trained in similar interests where possible.
GWA Cannington The Miata 715m 3 January 6, 13 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Based on Grade Best greyhounds nominated based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Top 25% seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% by blind draw. Guarding applies to greyhounds owned and/or trained in similar interests where possible.
North West Greyhound Racing Club Hankook Tyres Devonport Cup 452m 3 January 9, 16 $25,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by Racing Services Tasmanaia Grading Policy. Grading Panel comprising Director of Racing, Chairman of Stewards and Grader will select the top four seeds from nominations received for the heats. In determining seeds, the panel will consult with the conducting club and interstate controlling bodies. The seeds will be published and guarded in heats. The remaining greyhounds to be a blind draw, subject to normal guarding provisions. The selection process will include ‘Grading Panel Discretion’ such discretion only to be utilized in the following circumstances: (a) a greyhound has been placed in a Group race in the three preceding months prior to the close of nominations (b) a greyhound with superior form (c) the panel will only utilise (b) in exceptional circumstances and will be required to provide written reasons for its decision. Guarding will be undertaken in the following order: (a) greyhounds with the same trainer and same exact owners. (b) greyhounds with the same trainer c) greyhounds with the same exact owners.
GRSA Angle Park SA Sprint Championship 515m Listed January 11, 18 $15,000 Best SA trained & domiciled greyhounds nominated. Best SA trained & domiciled greyhounds nominated as determined by GRSA Grader. Special conditions apply Heat composition determined by Grader, seeding applies. Guarding applies to heats where possible.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Paws Of Thunder 520m 1 January 13, 20 $75,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Summer Distance Plate 720m 2 January 13, 20 $40,000 Best 24 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 24 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group event of not less than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
BGRC Albion Park Queensland Cup 600m 3 January 18, 25 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.
Traralgon GRC Traralgon Cup 525m 2 January 20, 27 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park The Collerson 520m Listed January 20 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves which meet conditions For greyhounds that contested the heats of the Ladbrokes Paws of Thunder, drawn in placing order in the heats. Where greyhounds of the same placing are to be drawn, preference given using GRNSW Grading Policy criteria For greyhounds that contested the heats of the Ladbrokes Paws of Thunder, drawn in placing order in the heats. Where greyhounds of the same placing are to be drawn, preference given using GRNSW Grading Policy criteria
SGRC Sandown Park Australian Sprint 515m Listed January 25 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated. Best nominations as determined by GRV Grader.
SGRC Sandown Park Maidment Memorial 595m Listed January 25 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated. Best nominations as determined by GRV Grader.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes National Futurity 520m 1 January 27 February 3 $75,000 Best 40 female greyhounds whelped on or after October 1, 2015 . Maidens ineligible. Best 40 female greyhounds as per GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less that 48 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to alter number of heats conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes National Derby 520m 1 January 27 February 3 $75,000 Best 40 male greyhounds whelped on or after October 1, 2015. Maidens ineligible. Best 40 male greyhounds as per GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less that 48 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to alter number of heats conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.

February 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Cranbourne GRC Cranbourne Cup 520m 2 February 3, 10 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
Launceston GRC ATOTAL Car Rentals Launceston Cup 515m 2 February 5, 12, 19 $40,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by Racing Services Tasmania Grading Policy Grading Panel comprising Director of Racing, Chairman of Stewards and Grader will select the top four seeds from nominations received for the heats. In determining seeds, the panel will consult with the conducting club and interstate controlling bodies. The seeds will be published and guarded in heats. The remaining greyhounds to be a blind draw, subject to normal guarding provisions. The selection process will include ‘Grading Panel Discretion’ such discretion only to be utilized in the following circumstances: (a) a greyhound has been placed in a Group race in the three preceding months prior to the close of nominations (b) a greyhound with superior form (c) the panel will only utilise (b) in exceptional circumstances and will be required to provide written reasons for its decision. Guarding will be undertaken in the following order: (a) greyhounds with the same trainer and same exact owners. (b) greyhounds with the same trainer c) greyhounds with the same exact owners.
Ipswich GRC Vince Curry Memorial Maiden 520m 3 February 9, 10, 17, 24 $40,250 Best Maiden greyhounds nominated. Best maiden greyhounds nominated as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat and field composition determined by Grader. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.
MGRA The Meadows GRV Vic Bred Series 525m 3R February 14, 21 March 3 $25,000 Victorian Bred Maidens Only. Up to 12 Heats will be graded from nominations received. 96 greyhounds plus reserves, based on best greyhounds in the opinion of the GRV grader. Heat composition determined by GRV Grader. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats and semi-finals will apply, where possible. With respect to guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
MGRA The Meadows Temlee 525m 1 February 17 $100,000 Best 8 greyhounds by invitation Invitations extended to nominate approximately one month prior to the event. Final field determined approximately 12 days prior to event. A panel comprising GRV Grader and MGRA personnel to determine field.
MGRA The Meadows Australian Cup 525m 1 February 17, 24 March 3 $250,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 56 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader, greyhounds seeded in to the February 27 heats, remainder to compete in February 22 preliminaries (number determined by nominations received). Eight greyhounds from preliminaries will be seeded into the heats. Field composition for the preliminaries and the heats will involve a combination of seeding and blind draw to the normal GRV 25%/75% proportions Eight greyhounds from preliminaries will be seeded into the heats. Field composition for the preliminaries and the heats will involve a combination of seeding and blind draw to the normal GRV 25%/75% proportions. Guarding of owners and trainers in preliminaries and heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
MGRA The Meadows Rookie Rebel 600m 1 February 17 $75,000 Best 8 greyhounds by invitation Invitations extended to nominate approximately one month prior to the event. Final field determined approximately 12 days prior to event. A panel comprising GRV Grader and MGRA personnel to determine field.
MGRA The Meadows Zoom Top 725m 1 February 17 $75,000 Best 8 greyhounds by invitation Invitations extended to nominate approximately one month prior to the event. Final field determined approximately 12 days prior to event. A panel comprising GRV Graderand MGRA personnel to determine field.
NSW GBOTA Bulli Ladbrokes Cyril Rowe Gold Cup 472m 2 February 17, 24 $40,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition top 25% nominations will be seeded using GRNSW point score, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.
MGRA The Meadows Super Stayers 725m 1 February 24 March 3 $100,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests."
GRSA Mount Gambier Mount Gambier Cup 512m Listed February 25 March 4 $15,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Maidens Ineligible Best greyhounds nominated. Maidens Ineligible Heat composition determined by Grader. Guarding of trainers in heats where possible.

March 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Richmond GRC Ladbrokes Richmond Oaks 535m 2 March 2, 9 $40,000 Best 32 female greyhounds nominated plus reserves Best 32 female greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers applies to heats where possible.
Richmond GRC Richmond Derby 535m 2 March 2, 9 $40,000 Best 32 male greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 male greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to owners and trainers in heats where possible.
Horsham GRC Horsham Cup 485m 2 March 2, 10 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Magic Maiden 520m 3 March 14, 21, 31 $25,000 Best 88 Maiden greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Open to 88 maiden greyhounds plus reserves. Where less than 88 nominations are received the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to determine the number of heats conducted. To be eligible nominated greyhounds must have contested a GRNSW sactioned Performance trial or an offiial race. The order of entry for greyhounds nominated for the heats will be as follows: a. Winners which have successfully passed a stipulated 520m Wentworth Park Performance Trial. b. Greyhounds placed in two of their last three starts. c. Greyhounds placed in one of their last three race starts. d. First start greyhounds having satisfactorily completed in a Performance Trial at Wentworth Park determined by the GRNSW weighted Point Score Table. e. First start greyhounds having satisfactorily competed in a Performance Trial at any track as determined by the GRNSW Weighted Point Score table. f. Greyhounds unplaced after having one race start. g. Greyhounds unplaced as determined by the GRNSW Weighted Point Score Table. Heat composition determined by blind draw. The field composition of the semi-finals will be determined firstly by finishing positions, secondly by the times recorded in the heats. The formula used fairly seeds the greyhounds into the semi-finals based purely on semi-final performance. Guarding for owners and trainers applies in the heats. No guarding applies in the semi-finals.
SGRC Sandown Park Launching Pad 515m 2 March 15, 22, 29 $150,000 Sweepstake Series $2000 Entry Fee, max 64 entry forms available. Maximum 64 Entry Forms available, special conditions apply "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
Ipswich GRC Rosewood and District Community Bank Auction Series 520m 3R March 16,17, 24, 31 $40,000 Best greyhounds nominated, purchased through 2016 Auction Any Age and grade for pups sold at 2016 Auction Heat and semi-final composition determined by Grader.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Golden Easter Egg 520m 1 March 17, 24, 31 $250,000 Best 80 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 80 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under the events special conditions and order of entry. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. The order of entry conditions are available on the Wentworth Park website www.wentworthpark. com.au. In summary, certain Group events, greyhounds graded 1 to 3 at Wentworth Park Saturday night meetings and winners of Preludes receive priority entry. The balance of heat fields will have reliance on the GRNSW Grading Policy and certain discretionary powers afforded to a GRNSW/GBOTA grading panel. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply.The semi-finals will comprise the 10 heat winners, 10 heat second placegetters and the 10 heat third placegetters plus the fastest two fourths in the heats. The field composition of the semi-finals will be determined firstly by finishing positions, secondly by the times recorded in the heats. The formula used fairly seeds the greyhounds into the semi-finals based purely on semi-final performance. No guarding applies in the semi-finals.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park New Sensation 520m 3 March 21, 31 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves, whelped on or after 17.11.2015, which have no more than 10 race wins from no more than 20 race starts Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves, whelped on or after 17.11.205, with no more than 20 race start and 10 race wins at the time of nomination. Number of heats to be determined by number and quality of nominations received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply The field composition of the semi-finals will be determined firstly by finishing positions, secondly by the times recorded in the heats. The formula used fairly seeds the greyhounds into the semi-finals based purely on semi-final performance. Guarding for owners and trainers applies in the heats. No guarding applies in the semi-finals.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Association Cup 720m 1 March 24, 31 $75,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group event of not less than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ultra Sense 520m Listed March 24, 31 $15,000 Best 4/5th grade greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 4/5th Grade greyhounds nominated as per GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Seeding to apply to top 25% using GRNSW Point Score system, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
SGRC Sandown Park Easter Gift 515m 3 March 29 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated. Best nominations as determined by GRV Grader.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park The Ambrosoli 520m 3 March 31 $25,000 For greyhounds that contested the semi-finals of the Golden Easter Egg and finished 3rd and 4th. Fastest 2 x5th placegetters to become reserves For greyhounds that contested the semi-finals of the Golden Easter Egg and finished 3rd and 4th. Fastest 2 5th placegetter to become reserves Greyhounds that finished 3rd and 4th in the Semi-Finals of the Macro Meats Golden Easter Egg will be automatically drawn, with the two fastest 5th greyhounds to be drawn as reserves.

April 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
NSW GBOTA Maitland Maitland Gold Cup 450m 2 April 5, 12 $40,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers applies to heats where possible.
BGRC Albion Park Bogie Leigh Queensland Futurity 520m 2 Aprl 5, 12 $40,000 Best female greyhounds nominated plus reserves whelped on or after january 1, 2016. Maidens inelgible. Best female greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Gold Cup 720m 3 April 7, 14 $25,000 Best 24 greyhounds nomianted plus reserves. Best 24 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group event of not less than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. HHeat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply
BGRC Albion Park Queensland Derby 520m 2 April 12, 19 $40,000 Best male greyhounds nominated plus reserves whelped on or after January 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best male greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.
GWA Cannington SKY Racing Galaxy 715m 1 April 14, 21 $100,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds nominated as selected by RWWA Grading Panel. Top 25% seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% by blind draw. Guarding applies to greyhounds owned and/or trained in similar interests where possible.
GWA Cannington SKY Racing Perth Cup 520m 1 April 14, 21 $150,000 Best 64 greyhounds selected by the grading panel plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as selected by RWWA Grading Panel. Top 25% seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% by blind draw. Guarding applies to greyhounds owned and/or trained in similar interests where possible.
Shoalhaven GRC Ladbrokes Nowra Summer Puppy Classic 520m 3 April 16, 23, 30 $25,000 Greyhounds whelped between January 1, 2016 and June 30, 2016 Greyhounds whelped between January 1, 2016 and June 30, 2016 Heat and semi-final composition determined by blind draw. Guarding for trainers where possible.
GWA Cannington SKY Racing Perth Cup Consolation 520m 3 April 21 $25,000 Second eight qualifying greyhounds from Perth Cup heats Greyhounds qualifying for the two consolations have a commitment to start in those events. Second eight qualifying greyhounds from Perth Cup heats
Warrnambool GRC Warrnambool Cup 450m 2 April 25 May 2 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Evans & Son Jewellers Ladies Bracelet 520m 3 April 28 May 5 $25,000 Best 32 female greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 female greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply

May 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
SGRC Sandown Park Bill Collins Speed Star 515m 3 May 10 $25,000 Fastest 8 nominations as determined by times recorded at Sandown Park from February 1st 2018
SGRC Sandown Park The Racecallers 595m 3 May 10 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated. Best 8 greyhounds nominated as determined by GRV Grader.
SGRC Sandown Park The Lizrene 715m 3 May 10 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated. Best 8 greyhounds nominated as determined by GRV Grader.
Richmond GRC Globe Memorial Richmond Riches Puppy Classic 535m Listed May 11, 18, 25 $40,000 Greyhound whelped 1/1/16 - 30/6/16 Open to greyhounds which have purchased nomination entries prior May 2017 Greyhound whelped 1/1/16 - 30/6/16 Open to greyhounds which have purchased nomination entries prior May 2017 Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers applies to heats where possible.
GWA Cannington WA Derby 520m 2 May 12, 19 $40,000 Best male greyhounds nominated whelped on or after February 1, 2016 Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to owners and trainers where possible.
Angle Park GRSA Howard Ashton 515m 3R May 16, 24, 31 $25,000 SA bred greyhounds whelped between January 1, 2016 and June 30, 2016 Special Futurity conditions Special Futurity and payment conditions apply. Heat and Semi-Final composition determined by GRSA Grader, seeding applies. Guarding applies to heats and semi-finals where possible.
SGRC Sandown Park Sandown Cup 715m 1 May 17, 24 $175,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grading policy. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
SGRC Sandown Park Sapphire Crown 515m 1 May 17, 24 $100,000 Best 32 female greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 female greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
SGRC Sandown Park Harrison-Dawson 515m 1 May 17, 24 $100,000 Best 32 male greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 male greyhounds nominated plus reserves in the opinion of the GRV Grader. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (eg if 32 nominations are received, the top 8 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 4 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests. "
GWA Cannington WA Oaks 520m 2 May 19, 26 $40,000 Best female greyhounds nominated whelped on or after February 1, 2016 Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Heas composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to greyhounds owned and/or trained in similar interests where possible.
SGRC Sandown Park Cup Night Stayers 715m Listed May 24 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated. Best 8 greyhounds nominated as determined by GRV Grader.

June 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Peter Mosman Classic 520m 1 June 2, 9, 16 $75,000 Best 80 greyhounds nominated plus reserves whelped on or after March 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best 80 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat compostion to have top 25% of fields seeded by GRNSW Point score system, no guarding top 25%. Balance of fields blind draw, guarding to apply. Guarding for owners and trainers applies to heats where possible. Semi-finals determined by a formula which recognizes finishing positions and recorded times in Heats. Guarding does not apply in semi-finals. Semi-finals composition determined purely on Heat performance.
BGRC Albion Park Gold Cup 710m 1 June 7, 14 $75,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.
BGRC Albion Park Flying Amy Classic 520m 3 June 7, 14 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated whelped on or after March 1, 2016 Best greyhounds nominated whelped on or after March 1, 2016 as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.
BGRC Albion Park Superstayers Invitational 710m 3 June 21 $25,000 By invitation only. Four greyhounds invited by the BGRC. Four greyhounds invited by the BGRC.
BGRC Albion Park Winter Cup 520m 1 June 28 July 5 $75,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding applies to heats, as defined in the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.