GCA - Greyhound Clubs Australia

Upcoming Events

*NEW* The complete July 2018 to June 2019 AGRA Group Race Calendar is available now - click here to view the PDF

The Australian Greyhound Racing Association has published this Calendar as a service to the Greyhound Industry. At the time of completion, the information was believed to be correct. The Calendar has been published in good faith, but the AGRA does not accept responsibility for any inaccuracies it may contain. Persons considering nominating for events promoted in this Calendar are therefore advised to confirm dates and other relevant information with the host organisations.

AGRA Group Race Calendar

July 2018 to June 2019 Chronological Calendar

July 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Bendigo GRC Bendigo Cup 425m 2 July 1, 6 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats).
Grafton GRC Clarence Valley Sheds/Taylor Family Maiden 407m Listed July 2, 11 $15,000 Best maiden greyhounds. Best maiden greyhounds plus reserves. Must comply with GRNSW Grading Policy in order to nominate, including NSW Performance Trial. The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests."
Sandown GRC McKenna Memorial 595m 2 July 5, 12 $40,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heats shall be blind draw, guarding to apply for owners and trainers.
GWA Cannington The Westchase 520m Listed July 7, 14 $19,950 WA Bred greyhounds only. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
MGRA The Meadows Maturity Classic 525m 1 July 14, 21, 28 $100,000 Best greyhounds whelped on or after January 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Up to 12 Heats will be graded from the nominations received. 96 greyhounds plus reserves. Grading based on GRV Special Event grading policy. Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
MGRA The Meadows Destini Fireball Stayers 725m Listed July 21, 28 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. GRV Group Race Grading Policy applies. Top 25% of nominations in accordance with GRV Ranking system are seeded and guarded, remainder blind drawn into heats. Number of heats dependent on nominations received. Composed by grader. Seeding and guarding apply. Top 25% seeded into heats – guarding applies. Remaining 75% blind drawn fields.
Darwin GRC Ladbrokes Darwin Cup 537m 3 July 29 August 5 $25,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 nominations with the first two from each heat going through to the finals. The Chief Steward of the NT grades the dogs accordingly. Number of heats dependent on nominations received. GRV Group Race Grading Policy applies. Top 25% of nominations in accordance with GRV Ranking system are seeded and guarded, remainder blind drawn into heats. Number of heats dependent on nominations received.

August 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Warragul GRC Warragul St Leger 460m 3 August 7, 12 $25,000 Greyhounds whelped on or after 1st of April 2016. Best nominations as determined by GRV. Blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers where possible.
Shepparton GRC Shepparton Cup 450m 2 August 13, 18 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Composition determined by placings in heats.
Dapto GRC CrownBet Maiden 520m 3 August 16, 23, 30 $25,000 Best maiden greyhounds. Best maiden greyhounds plus reserves. Must comply with GRNSW Grading Policy in order to nominate, including NSW Performance Trial. All greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats, Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible) with respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Cranbourne GRC Cranbourne Classic 520m 3 August 17, 25 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated whelped on or after March 1, 2016 plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heats shall be blind draw, guarding to apply for owners and trainers.
GWA Cannington The Peter Thomas 520m Listed August 18, 25 $19,950 WA Bred greyhounds only. Best City Grade 4 & 5 greyhounds nominated. Best City Grade 4 & 5 greyhounds nominated. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
GRC Townsville Townsville Cup 498m 3 August 21, 28 $25,200 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens Ineligible. Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves, as determined by Grading Policy. Maidens ineligible. Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
Sandown GRC The GCA National Sprint Championship 515m 1 August 24 $75,000 Greyhounds to qualify from each state. Special conitions apply, full eligibility available at agra.com.au
Sandown GRC The GCA National Sprint Championship 715m 1 August 24 $75,000 Greyhounds to qualify from each state. Special conitions apply, full eligibility available at agra.com.au
Newcastle GRC BlackTop 515m 2 August 24, 31 $40,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated and reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined under GRNSW Grading Policy. Where less than 64 nominations are received, Newcastle Greyhounds and GRNSW retain the right to determine the number of heats conducted.

September 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Bob Payne Spring Sprint 520m 2 September 1, 8 $40,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 32 nominations are received the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers where possible.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Chairman's Cup 720m 3 September 1, 8 $25,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 32 nominations are received the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 or Group 2 event of not less than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
Healesville GRC Healesville Cup 350m 3 September 2, 9 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
GWA Cannington Spring Gift 520m Listed September 8, 15 $19,950 Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Dapto GRC CrownBet Megastar 520m 1 September 13, 20 $75,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best open 32 plus reserves determined by GRNSW Grading Policy. Where less than 32 nominations are received, Dapto GRC and GRNSW reserve the right to determine number of heats conducted. Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
GRSA Angle Park SA Derby 515m 3 September 13, 20 $25,000 For male greyhounds whelped on or after June 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 nominations plus reserves as determined by GRSA grading policy. Heats will be determined by Blind draw, guarding for owners and trainers to apply where possible.
GRSA Angle Park SA Oaks 515m 3 September 13, 20 $25,000 For female greyhounds whelped on or after June 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 nominations plus reserves as determined by GRSA grading policy. Heats composed by Grader. Final determined by placing's in heat. Guarding applies to heats where possible.
Casino GRC Charcoal Inn Casino Cup 484m 3 September 14, 21 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV NSW Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRNSW based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heats composed by Grader. Final determined by placing's in heat. Guarding applies to heats where possible.
MGRA The Meadows TopCat Video Cup 725m 3 September 22, 29 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. GRV Group Race Grading Policy applies. Top 25% of nominations in accordance with GRV Ranking system are seeded and guarded, remainder blind drawn into heats. Number of heats dependant on nominations received. Blind draw. Guarding applies to owners and trainers where possible.
GWA Cannington WA Bred Championship 520m Listed September 22, 29 $19,950 Best WA Bred greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best WA Bred greyhounds nominated based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Number of heats dependant on nominations received. GRV Group Race Grading Policy applies. Top 25% of nominations in accordance with GRV Ranking system are seeded and guarded, remainder blind drawn into heats. Number of heats dependant on nominations received

October 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
GRSA Angle Park Adelaide Cup 515m 1 October 4, 12 $75,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 nominations plus reserves as determined by GRSA grading policy. Exemptions to heats granted if nominated to a) Winner of SA Oaks on September 20 b) Winner of SA Derby on September 20 c) 4 SA & 4 Vic greyhounds selected for Match Race series on September 27 Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
BGRC Albion Park Gold Coast Cup 520m 3 October 4, 11 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading policy. Heats composed by Grader. Final determined by placings in heat. Guarding applies to heats where possible.
GWA Mandurah Mandurah Cup 490m 3 October 5, 12 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placing's in heats.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Sydney Cup 720m 3 October 6, 13 $25,000 Best 24 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 24 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 Group 2 event of not less than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
MGRA The Meadows The Great Chase 525m 3R October 10, 17, 24 $47,000 Open to both genders and all ages. For Greyhounds with 1-5 wins (Maidens Ineligible). Victorian Bred and Trained greyhounds only. Conditions of entry apply: 1. Victorian Bred and Trained greyhounds only. 2. For Greyhounds with 1-5 wins (Maidens Ineligible). 3. Greyhounds must have been domiciled in Victoria for 90 days or more prior to the close of nominations. Greyhounds that have commenced racing under 90 days must only have been domiciled in a Victorian kennel. 4. A greyhound must not be under any order of probation under the rules of Greyhound Racing Victoria at the time of nomination that will not allow it to compete at The Meadows, for the 2018 TAB Great Chase semi-finals and grand final. 5. Each greyhound is only eligible to compete in one series of heats. 6. The heats are open to the best greyhounds nominated plus reserves and will be capped at the number of greyhounds progressing to semi-finals. 7. The number of greyhounds progressing to the semi-finals differs at each track. 3 greyhounds will progress from Healesville. 3 greyhounds plus 1 reserve will progress from: Horsham, Sale, Sandown, Traralgon and Warrnambool. 4 greyhounds plus 1 reserve will progress from: Bendigo, Cranbourne, Geelong, Shepparton and The Meadows. 5 greyhounds plus 1 reserve will progress from: Ballarat and Warragul. There will be a ‘ballot’ for the reserve positions. Eligibility to compete in Semi Finals subject to GRV Rule LR33. Greyhounds under any order of probation at the close of nominations for the semi-finals will not be drawn into the fields. 8. The Winners and the fastest second placegetters from the 6 Semi Finals will progress to the Grand Final. 9. Upon entering this event, trainers will make themselves and their greyhound/s available for any reasonable promotional opportunities relating to this event at Greyhound Racing Victoria’s request. This may include visiting community groups at their facility as well as media and photo opportunities as they arise. 10. Greyhound Racing Victoria reserves the right to alter and amend conditions and prize money for The 2018 TAB Great Chase. Any changes to these terms and conditions will be published on www.grv.org.au. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Lismore Lismore Workers Cup 520m 2 October 16, 23 $40,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Where less than 80 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to determine number of heats conducted. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Geelong GRC Pet Panels Geelong Gold Cup 460m 2 October 19, 26 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds plus reserves. Maidens ineligible Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Top 25% of nominations to be seeded using GRNSW point score; no guarding to apply. Balance of fields to be graded by blind draw with guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Vic Peters Classic 520m 1 October 20, 27 November 3 $75,000 Best 80 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. whelped on or after July 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best 80 greyhounds whelped on or after July 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Where less than 80 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to determine number of heats conducted. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. If 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners. Greyhounds must be owned In Identical Interests.
MGRA The Meadows Hume Cup (Sponsored by Hume Council) 600m 1 October 27 November 5 $75,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
MGRA The Meadows Topgun 525m 1 October 27 $150,000 By Invitation Only. Invitations extended to nominate approx. one month before event. Final field determined approx. 12 days prior. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
MGRA The Meadows Topgun Stayers 725m 2 October 27 $75,000 By Invitation Only. Invitations extended to nominate approx. one month before event. Final field determined approx. 12 days prior. A panel comprising the GRV grader, Manager MGRA & various Media personnel determine the field.
Shepparton GRC Northern Districts Cup 450m Listed October 29 November 3 $25,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated, which are eligible. Victorian Bred. Less then $25,000 prize money. No city wins. Minimum 2 starts at Shepparton. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. A panel comprising the GRV grader, Manager MGRA & various Media personnel determine a field.
GRSA Gawler Gawler Gold Cup 531m 3 October 30 November 4 $25,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 nominations plus reserves as determined by GRSA grading policy. All greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats, Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible) with respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.

November 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
MGRA The Meadows RSN Silver Bullet 525m 3 November 5 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Heats composed by Grader. Final determined by placing's in heat. Guarding applies to heats where possible.
Sandown GRC Shootout 515m 3 * Special exemption applied November 8 $25,000 Best four greyhounds nominated as suited to the format, winner-takes-all. Field to be determined by the GRV Grading Department in consultation with Sandown GRC. Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the GRV Grading Policy.
GWA Cannington Young Stars Classic 520m 3 November 10, 17 $25,000 For greyhounds whelped on or after August 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy.
GRSA Angle Park Brian Johnstone 515m 3R November 14, 22, 29 $25,000 For SA Bred Greyhounds whelped in June 2016 to December 2016 only (special futurity conditions). For SA Bred Greyhounds whelped in June 2016 to December 2016 only (special futurity conditions) Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
Sandown GRC Bold Trease 715m 1 November 16, 23 $105,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heats composed by Grader. Final determined by placing’s in semi finals. Guarding applies to heats and semis where possible.
Sandown GRC Melbourne Cup 515m 1 November 16, 23 $435,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Eligible greyhounds must have won a exemption race. Remaining places to greyhounds that have competed in the 2018 Melbourne Cup Melbourne Cup Preludes. Special conditions apply. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Ipswich GRC City of Ipswich Gold Cup 520m 3 November 17, 22 $40,250 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Sandown GRC Cup Night Stayers 715m Listed November 23 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 8 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heats and semi-finals are composed by Grader and box draw will be conducted at track for finals.
Sandown GRC Cup Night Sprint 515m 3 November 23 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 8 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.
Sandown GRC Sir John Dillon Memorial 595m 3 November 23 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 8 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.
BGRC Albion Park Brisbane Cup 520m 1 November 29 December 6 $75,250 Best Greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy.

December 2018

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Ballarat GRC Ballarat Cup 450m 2 December 1, 8 $47,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 8 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placings in heats.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Summer Cup 720m 3 December 1, 8 $25,000 Best 24 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 24 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW Grading Policy. Where less than 24 nominations are received the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 or Group 2 event of not less than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
GWA Cannington Anniversary Cup 520m Listed December 1, 8 $19,950 Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Christmas Gift 520m 3 December 8, 15 $25,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 32 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to determine number of heats conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
Sandown GRC Laurels Classic 515m 2 December 9, 16, 20 $50,000 Best 64 female greyhounds plus reserves whelped on or after June 1, 2016. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
Hobart GRC SKY Racing Hobart Thousand 461m 1 December 13, 20 $75,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds plus reserves as determined by TAS Racing Policy. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
NGRC The Gardens Newcastle Cup 715m Listed December 14 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 8 greyhounds nominated and reserves as determined under GRNSW Grading policy. Blind draw. Guarding for trainers only where possible.
Sale GRC TRFM Sale Cup 650m 1 December 16, 26 $75,000 Best Greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best Greyhounds as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by the GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.
MGRA The Meadows Feikuai Silver Chief 525m 1 December 22, 29 January 5 $100,000 Best male greyhounds whelped on or after June 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Up to 12 heats will be graded for the heats with relevant number progressing through to 4 Semi finals with reserves. First & Second from the semis progress to final – 2 fastest thirds reserves. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats. The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers will apply ( where possible ). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
GWA Cannington Christmas Gift 715m Listed December 22 $19,950 Best 8 greyhounds nominated based on City Distance grade. Best 8 greyhounds nominated based on City Distance grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Guarding & seeding apply – GRV Special Event Grading Policy Applies. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
NSW GBOTA Gosford Woy Woy Poultry Gosford Gold Cup 515m 2 December 23 January 1 $40,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 32 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to determine number of heats conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy.

January 2019

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Warragul GRC Warragul Cup 460m 2 January 4, 12 $47,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
GWA Mandurah Birthday Cup 405m 3 January 4, 11 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
GWA Cannington Summer Chase 600m Listed January 5, 12 $19,950 Best City Middle Distance Grade 5 greyhounds nominated. Best City Middle Distance Grade 5 greyhounds nominated as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
GRC North West Dowling McCarthy Tyres North West GRC Devonport Cup 452m 3 January 8, 15 $25,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 nominations plus reserves as determined by TAS Racing Policy. Consolation to apply Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
GRSA Angle Park SA Sprint Championship 515m Listed January 10, 17 $15,000 Best Greyhounds Nominated. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 nominations plus reserves as determined by GRSA grading policy. Blind draw. Guarding applies to trainers only where possible.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Paws of Thunder 520m 1 January 12, 19 $75,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW Grading Policy. Where less than 64 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Heats composed by Grader. Final determined by placing’s in heat. Guarding applies to heats where possible
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Summer Distance Plate 720m 2 January 12, 19 $40,000 Best 24 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 24 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event insufficient nominations being received. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
BGRC Albion Park Queensland Cup 600m 3 January 17, 24 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading policy. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park The Collerson 520m Listed January 19 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves which meet conditions. For greyhounds that contested the heats of the Ladbrokes Paws of Thunder, drawn in placing order in the heats. Where greyhounds of the same placing are to be drawn, preference given using GRNSW Grading Policy criteria. Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placing's in heats.
Traralgon GRC Traralgon Cup 525m 2 January 19, 26 $47,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Maidens ineligible For greyhounds that contested the heats of the Ladbrokes Paws of Thunder, drawn in placing order in the heats. Where greyhounds of the same placing are to be drawn, preference given using GRNSW Grading Policy criteria
Sandown GRC Australian Sprint 515m Listed January 24 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Seeded, Random Guard
Sandown GRC Maidment Memorial 595m Listed January 24 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes National Derby 520m 1 January 26 February 2 $75,000 Best 40 male greyhounds whelped on or after October 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best 40 male greyhounds as per GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 40 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to alter number of heats conducted.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes National Futurity 520m 1 January 26 February 2 $75,000 Best 40 female greyhounds whelped on or after October 1, 2016. Maidens ineligible. Best 40 female greyhounds as per GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 40 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to alter number of heats conducted. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply. Preludes to this event will be conducted.
GWA Cannington The Miata 715m 3 January 26 February 2 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated based on city distance grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on city distance grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply. Preludes to this event will be conducted.

February 2019

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Cranbourne GRC Cranbourne Cup 520m 2 February 2, 9 $47,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
GWA Cannington Sandi's Me Mum Memorial 520m Listed February 2, 9 $19,950 WA Bred greyhounds only. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Blind draw, with the guarding of Owners and Trainers applied where possible.
NSW GBOTA Bathurst Ladbrokes Bathurst Gold Cup 520m Listed February 4, 8 $15,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 32 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to determine number of heats conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
Ipswich GRC Vince Curry Memorial 520m 3 February 9, 16, 23 $40,250 Best 80 maidens only. Best 80 Maidens nominations plus reserves as determined by Racing QLD Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
Launceston GRC A Total Car Rentals Launceston Cup 515m 2 February 11, 18 $40,000 Best 64 nominations plus reserves. Best 64 nominations plus reserves (Maidens ineligible) Heats and semi-finals are composed by Grader and box draw will be conducted at track for finals.
Ballarat GRC Western Districts Derby 450m Listed February 11, 16 $20,000 Male greyhounds only, whelped on or after August 1, 2016. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heats to be composed by grader, by order of Tasmanian grading policy with trainers guarded.
MGRA The Meadows VIC Bred Maiden 525m 3 February 13, 20, March 2 $25,000 Best Victorian Bred greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heat s). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
MGRA The Meadows Temlee 525m 1 February 16 $100,000 Best 8 – By Invitation Only. Invitations extended to nominate approx. one month before event. Final field determined approx. 12 days prior. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
MGRA The Meadows Zoom Top 725m 1 February 16 $75,000 Best 8 – By Invitation Only. Invitations extended to nominate approx. one month before event. Final field determined approx. 12 days prior. A panel comprising the GRV grader & MGRA personnel determine the field.
MGRA The Meadows Rookie Rebel 600m 1 February 16 $75,000 Best 8 – By Invitation Only. Invitations extended to nominate approx. one month before event. Final field determined approx. 12 days prior. A panel comprising the GRV grader & MGRA personnel determine the field.
GWA Cannington Puppy Classic 520m Listed February 16, 23 $19,950 Best greyhounds nominated based on City Sprint grade whelped on or after 1 January 2017. Best greyhounds nominated based on City Sprint grade whelped on or after 1 January 2017. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
MGRA The Meadows Australian Cup 525m 1 February 16, 23 March 2 $250,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Top 56 greyhounds (in the opinion of the grader) from the total nominations received, Will be seeded through to the heats. Remainder will compete in the prelims (number to be Determined by nominations received) Greyhounds from the Preliminaries will be eligible to be drawn into the Heats to be held on February 24, 2018 (TBC) to provide a total of 64 runners, plus 16 reserves. Winners of Heats progress to final. Blind draw, with the guarding of Owners and Trainers applied where possible.
NSW GBOTA Bulli Ladbrokes Cyril Rowe Bulli Gold Cup 472m 2 February 16, 23 $40,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 64 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW retain the right to determine number of heats conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. A panel comprising the GRV grader & MGRA personnel determine the field.
MGRA The Meadows Fanta Bale Super Stayers Cup 725m 1 February 23 March 2 $100,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.

March 2019

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
Horsham GRC Horsham Cup 485m 2 March 1, 9 $47,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Richmond GRC Ladbrokes Richmond Oaks 535m 2 March 1, 8 $40,000 Best 32 female greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 female greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. If 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners. Greyhounds must be owned In Identical Interests.
Richmond GRC Richmond Derby 535m 2 March 1, 8 $40,000 Best 32 female greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 female greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. "
NSW GBOTA Maitland Maitland Gold Cup 450m 2 March 14, 21 $40,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 64 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers applies to heats where possible.
GWA Cannington SKY Racing Perth Cup 520m 1 March 16, 23 $150,000 Best 64 Greyhounds as selected by RWWA Grading Panel. Best 64 Greyhounds as selected by RWWA Grading Panel. Final for first 8 qualifiers from Heats 16 March 2019. Greyhounds qualifying for the Consolations (2) have a commitment to start in those events. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers applies to heats where possible.
GWA Cannington SKY Racing Galaxy 715m 1 March 16, 23 $100,000 Best 32 greyhounds as selected by RWWA. Grading Panel. Best 32 Greyhounds as selected by RWWA Grading Panel. Final for those qualifying from Heats 16 March 2019 Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 595m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat field composition shall have top 25% seeded, determined using GRNSW point score system, no guarding to apply to too 25%. Balance of fields determined by Blind Draw: quardinq to apply.
GWA Cannington SKY Racing Perth Cup Consolation 520m 3 March 23 $25,000 Next 8 qualifiers after Perth Cup Final, qualified from Heats 16/3/19. Best 64 Greyhounds as selected by RWWA Grading Panel. Final for second 8 qualifiers from Heats 16 March 2019. Greyhounds qualifying for the Consolations (2) have a commitment to start in those events. Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Gold Cup 720m 3 March 23, 30 $25,000 Best 24 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 24 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
GRSA Mount Gambier Mount Gambier Gold Cup 512m Listed March 24, 31 $15,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 nominations plus reserves as determined by GRSA grading policy.
Ipswich GRC Rosewood and District Community Bank Auction Series 520m 3R March 30 April 6, 13 $40,000 Greyhounds sold at 2017 auction. Pups sold at 2017 auction and paid final acceptance fee. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 Group 2 event of not less than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
GWA Cannington Lew Dorsa Memorial 520m Listed March 30 April 6 $19,950 Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Heats composed by Grader. Final determined by placing’s in heat. Guarding applies to heats where possible

April 2019

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Magic Maiden 520m 3 April 3, 10, 20 $25,000 Best 88 Maiden greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Open to 88 maiden greyhounds plus reserves. Where less than 88 nominations are received the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to determine the number of heats conducted. To be eligible nominated greyhounds must have contested a GRNSW sanctioned Performance trial or an official race. The order of entry for greyhounds nominated for the heats will be as follows: a. Winners which have successfully passed a stipulated 520m Wentworth Park Performance Trial. b. Greyhounds placed in two of their last three starts. c. Greyhounds placed in one of their last three race starts. d. First start greyhounds having satisfactorily completed in a Performance Trial at Wentworth Park determined by the GRNSW weighted Point Score Table. e. First start greyhounds having satisfactorily competed in a Performance Trial at any track as determined by the GRNSW Weighted Point Score table. f. Greyhounds unplaced after having one race start. g. Greyhounds unplaced as determined by the GRNSW Weighted Point Score Table. Heats and semi-finals are composed by Grader and box draw will be conducted at track for finals.
Sandown GRC Launching Pad 515m 3R April 4, 11, 18 $150,000 Sweepstake series, $2000 entry fee. 64 Entry Forms available, special conditions apply Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Golden Easter Egg 520m 1 April 6, 13, 20 $250,000 Best 80 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Conditions of Entry apply. Order of Entry to apply, full conditions wentworthpark.com.au Heat composition determined by blind draw. The field composition of the semi-finals will be determined firstly by finishing positions, secondly by the times recorded in the heats. The formula used fairly seeds the greyhounds into the semi-finals based purely on heat performance. Guarding for owners and trainers applies in the heats. No guarding applies in the semi-finals.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park New Sensation 520m 3 April 10, 20 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves, whelped on or after December 1, 2016. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves, whelped on or after 17.11.2016, with no more than 20 race start and 10 race wins at the time of nomination. Number of heats to be determined by number and quality of nominations received. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Association Cup 720m 1 April 13, 20 $75,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted in the event of insufficient nominations being received. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply. The semi-finals will comprise the 10 heat winners, 10 heat second placegetters and the 10 heat third placegetters plus the fastest two fourths in the heats. The field composition of the semi-finals will be determined firstly by finishing positions, secondly by the times recorded in the heats. The formula used fairly seeds the greyhounds into the semi-finals based purely on heat performance. No guarding applies in the semi-finals.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ultra Sense 520m Listed April 13, 20 $15,000 Best 4/5th grade greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 4/5th Grade greyhounds nominated as per GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
GWA Cannington Canning Trophy 520m Listed April 13, 20 $19,950 Best City Grade 5 greyhounds nominated. Best City Grade 5 greyhounds nominated. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 or Group 2 event of not less than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
Sandown GRC Easter Gift 515m 3 April 18 $25,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park The Ambrosoli 520m 3 April 20 $25,000 For greyhounds that contested the semi-finals of the Golden Easter Egg and finished 3rd and 4th. Fastest 2 x 5th placegetters to become reserves. For greyhounds that contested the semi-finals of the Golden Easter Egg and finished 3rd and 4th. Fastest 2 x 5th placegetters to become reserves Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.
Shoalhaven GRC Ladbrokes Summer Puppy Classic 520m 3 April 22, 29 May 4 25,000 All greyhounds whelped form January 1, 2017. Maidens ineligible. Up to best 80 age eligible greyhounds (maximum 10 heats) plus reserves.
Warrnambool GRC Warrnambool Cup 450m 2 April 24 May 1 $47,000 Best 64 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best 64 greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy and Grader. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Greyhounds that finished 3rd and 4th in the Semi-Finals of the Ladbrokes Golden Easter Egg will be automatically drawn, with the two fastest 5th greyhounds to be drawn as reserves.
BGRC Albion Park Bogie Leigh Queensland Futurity 520m 2 April 25 May 2 $40,250 Best female greyhounds whelped on or after 1 October 2017. Maidens ineligible. Best female greyhounds > 30 months of age nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heats and semi-finals "composed by Grading dept. being guarded blind (Trainers) draw for both heats and semi-finals".

May 2019

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
BGRC Albion Park Queensland Derby 520m 2 May 2, 9 $40,250 Best male greyhounds whelped on or after 1 November 2017. Maidens ineligible. Best male greyhounds > 30 months of age nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. "Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats).
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Evans & Son Jeweller Ladies Bracelet 520m 3 May 4, 11 $25,000 Best 32 female greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Best 32 female greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW TAB Grading Policy. Where less than 32 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats to be conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests."
Sandown GRC Lizrene Speed Star 715m 3 May 9 $25,000 Fastest 8 nominations as determined by times recorded at Sandown Park from 1 January 2019. Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placings in heats.
Sandown GRC Bill Collins Speed Star 515m 3 May 9 $25,000 Fastest 8 nominations as determined by times recorded at Sandown Park from 1 January 2019. Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placings in heats.
Sandown GRC Race callers Speed Star 595m 3 May 9 $25,000 Fastest 8 nominations as determined by times recorded at Sandown Park from 1 January 2019. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply.
Richmond GRC Richmond Riches 530m Listed May 10, 17, 24 $40,000 Open to greyhounds which have purchased nomination entries prior May 2017. Greyhound whelped 1/1/17 - 30/6/17. Open to greyhounds which have purchased nomination entries prior May 2017
GRSA Angle Park Howard Ashton 515m 3R May 15, 23, 30 $25,000 For SA Bred Greyhounds whelped in January 2017 to June 2017 only (special futurity conditions).
Sandown GRC Sapphire Crown 515m 1 May 16, 24 $100,000 Best 32 female greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received.
Sandown GRC Sandown Cup 715m 1 May 16, 24 $175,000 Best 32 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heat composition determined by blind draw. Guarding for owners and trainers applies to heats where possible.
Sandown GRC Harrison-Dawson 515m 1 May 16, 24 $100,000 Best 32 male greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Heats composed by Grader. Final determined by placing’s in semi finals. Guarding applies to heats and semis where possible.
GWA Cannington WA Derby 520m 2 May 18, 25 $40,000 Best male greyhounds nominated whelped on or after February 1, 2017. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Rockhampton GRC Rockhampton Cup 510m 3 May 22, 29 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading policy. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
BGRC Albion Park Winter Chase 710m 3 May 23, 30 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading policy. Field composition will be subject to the top 25% of nominated greyhounds being seeded and distributed evenly amongst the heats (e.g. if 64 nominations are received, the top 16 are seeded and 2 are placed in each of the 8 heats). The remaining 75% of greyhounds will be drawn randomly into the heats. Guarding of owners and trainers in heats will apply (where possible). With respect to the guarding of owners, greyhounds must be owned in identical interests.
Sandown GRC Cup Night Stayers 715m Listed May 24 $15,000 Best 8 greyhounds nominated plus reserves. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated as determined by the GRV Grading Policy. Number of heats determined by GRV Grader based on nominations and quality of nominations received. Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
GWA Cannington WA Oaks 520m 2 May 25 June 1 $40,000 Best female greyhounds nominated whelped on or after February 1, 2017. Maidens ineligible. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placing's in heats.

June 2019

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
BGRC Albion Park Gold Cup 710m 1 June 6, 13 $75,250 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading Policy. Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placing's in heats.
BGRC Albion Park Flying Amy Classic 520m 3 June 6, 13 $25,000 Best greyhounds nominated whelped on or after December 1, 2016. Best greyhounds - than 30 months of age nominated plus reserves as determined by Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading policy.
NSW GBOTA Wentworth Park Ladbrokes Peter Mosman Classic 520m 1 June 8, 15, 22 $75,000 Best 80 greyhounds nominated plus reserves whelped on or after March 1, 2017. Maidens ineligible. Best 80 greyhounds plus reserves as determined under GRNSW Grading Policy. Where less than 80 nominations are received, the NSW GBOTA and GRNSW reserve the right to reduce the number of heats and semis conducted. Priority entry granted to nominated greyhounds that have won a Group 1 event or a Group 2 event of not less than 450m and not more than 565m in the 12 months prior to close of nominations. Remaining balance of Heats determined under the guidelines of the GRNSW Grading Policy. Top 25 % seeded. RWWA Order of Choice rankings will be used to determine the makeup of the top 25%. Remaining 75% is Blind Draw. Guarding applies to Owner & Trainer with similar interests where possible.
GWA Cannington Winter Cup 520m Listed June 8, 15 $19,950 Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade as determined by RWWA Grading Policy Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placings in heats.
BGRC Albion Park Superstayers Invitational 710m 3 June 20 $25,000 By Invitation Only. Four greyhounds plus two reserves by the BGRC. Heats will be composed by Grader. Final will be determined by placing's in heats.
GWA Cannington Paradise Street Trophy 600m Listed June 22, 29 $19,950 Best greyhounds nominated based on City Middle Distance grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on City Middle Distance grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply. Semi-finals determined by a formula which recognizes finishing positions and recorded times in Heats. Guarding does not apply in semi-finals. Semi-finals composition determined purely on Heat performance.
BGRC Albion Park Winter Cup 520m 1 June 27 July 4 $100,000 Best greyhounds nominated. Best greyhounds nominated plus reserves as determined by the Racing Queensland Greyhound Racing Grading policy. Blind draw. Guarding applies to owner and trainer.

October 2019

VenueRace & DistanceGroupDatesPrizemoneyEligibilityConditions/Grading PrinciplesField Composition Principles
GWA Cannington All Stars Sprint 520m 2 October 20, 27 $40,000 Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. Best greyhounds nominated based on grade. As determined by RWWA Grading Policy. Heat composition to have top 25% of nominations seeded using GRNSW point score as outlined in GRNSW Grading Policy, no guarding to apply to top 25%. Balance of fields to be blind draw, guarding to apply. Semi-finals determined by a formula which recognises finishing positions and recorded times in Heats. Guarding does not apply in semi-finals. Semi-finals composition determined purely on Heat performance.